British twin-engined aircraft as flown by Pilot Officer Peters, 500 Squadron, RAF Detling. Ansons served with the RAF, Fleet Air Arm and some Commonwealth Air Forces before, during and after WWII. Originally meant for maritime reconnaissance, but, was found to be more suitable as an aircrew trainer. It was used to train pilots for flying multi-engined bombers and also to train navigators, wireless operators, bomb aimers and air gunners. It entered service in 1936 and was finally retired from the RAF as late as 1968.